Motorcycles have an allure and mystique that’s all their own. They represent freedom, rebellion, individuality and nonconformity. Yet motorcycle riders are completely exposed, and in a collision the outcome can be dire.
As a San Bernardino motorcycle attorney, we have the depth and breadth of knowledge to deftly navigate complex motorcycle accident injury cases. Our firm will aggressively pursue the monetary restitution you deserve while staunchly protecting your rights. Our two primary attorneys are reserve officer sheriff’s deputies, which gives them firsthand exposure to motorcycle accidents and the intricacies of these cases. We can also help with San Bernardino motorcycle accident injury cases.
These are a few factors that are key to cases involving injuries from motorcycle in San Bernardino:
Lane splitting is a method motorcycles use to drive between traffic lanes. It helps them weave in and out of traffic jams or slow-moving traffic. This maneuver is only legal in California. It can invite a crash because:
- • The rider is in a motor vehicle’s blind spot. The car’s driver, unaware of the rider, may change lanes or make a left-hand turn in front of him. This is even more precarious for San Bernardino motorcycle accident injury. This type of accident is the most common of all auto-motorcycle accidents.
- • A driver may unexpectedly open his door.
- • A driver fails to use his turn signal to prepare a motorcyclist for his turn.
WHAT ELSE CAUSES MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS?
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) motorcyclists are a shocking 27 times as likely as car occupants to die in a crash and 6 times as likely to be injured. Some of these accidents are due to faulty motorcycle components:
- • Defective Equipment — Manufacturers may be unaware of equipment issues. Product failure such as this is not the driver’s fault. In these circumstances, a San Bernardino motorcycle accident attorney may mount a products liability case.
- • Risky Conditions — Bikes are now outfitted with cutting edge mechanisms. However, this advanced technology won’t hinder an accident on roads covered with debris, gravel or liquids.
WHAT CONSTITUTES A NEGLIGENCE CLAIM?
Four elements comprise a negligence claim. The plaintiff must demonstrate:
- • The law stipulated that the defendant be reasonably careful.
- • The defendant was not careful. To determine this, the law compares the driver’s behavior to that of a “reasonable person.”
- • The defendant’s actions were responsible for the plaintiff’s injuries.
- • The plaintiff was hurt and/or suffered losses.
WHAT DAMAGES CAN BE PURSUED?
- • Medical Bills — A motorcycle crash can effect staggering medical bills. You may be entitled to the costs of hospital stays, tests, doctor visits, surgery, physical therapy and treatment for chronic conditions. An expert San Bernardino motorcycle attorney will fight get you the maximum award for covering these expenses.
- • Pain and Suffering — The law accepts compensation for the pain and suffering resulting from short-term impairments like road rash to more traumatic injuries such as broken bones or brain trauma. Although the law acknowledges compensation for the pain and suffering accompanying these injuries from motorcycle in San Bernardino, it lacks an exact formula to determine that compensation.
- • Wage Loss — When injuries block you from working, your total lost wages may be included in your claim. You may qualify for reimbursement of sick time or vacation time used during recovery. If you are permanently disabled and unable to work again, your attorney can determine future losses and recoup for your diminished earning ability.
Drivers often misunderstand motorcycle riders and they often misunderstand how to share the road with them. If you’re in an accident, you’ll need an unsurpassed San Bernardino, Motorcycle Accident Attorney to aggressively pursue the highest monetary compensation for you. So pick up the phone and give us a call for a free consultation. You have our full attention.
Call us today at (888) 778-8888 for a free consultation or Contact Us online.