Attorneys Who Help All Brain Injury Victims
Lalezary Law Firm passionately advocates on behalf of brain injury victims who have suffered due to the negligence of another party. We provide our services on a contingency fee basis, meaning you don’t pay unless we win.
Brain injuries are usually serious and costly. If you want fair compensation that’ll help you cover your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages, then you need to consult with an experienced brain injury lawyer before speaking with an insurance adjuster. We always fight for the highest settlement possible because our clients deserve it.
If you or a loved one has sustained a brain injury in an accident, call us now at (888) 778-8888 for a free, no obligation case evaluation. We operate 24/7, 365 days a year. Our award-winning attorneys have recovered millions on behalf of our clients.
A Serious and Complex Matter
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) can result from numerous causes, including an auto accident, slip-and-fall accident, and workplace accident. Depending on the severity of the injury, you may suffer a significant reduction in your mental capacity, making daily living a constant struggle—and not just for you, but also your family.
The effects of traumatic brain injury are very real and potentially devastating. Yet, they are often difficult to prove in court, due to their insidious nature. Unlike broken bones, lacerations, and other, more physically apparent injuries, brain injuries (closed-head injuries in particular) wreak havoc deep beneath the skin. A thorough medical examination from the right provider must be conducted in a timely fashion to accelerate treatment and rehabilitation, and to establish the full extent of damages in your claim.
The complex legal and medical issues surrounding traumatic brain injuries make it necessary to consult with a highly experienced legal professional. Only a qualified personal injury attorney can help you make the right decisions that’ll culminate in maximum compensation for your losses.
The Symptoms of Traumatic Brain Injury
Not all cases of traumatic brain injury are readily apparent. Oftentimes, symptoms arise hours or days after the incurring incident, or they remain subtle until they grow into more serious issues. As a result, many traumatic brain injury victims attribute their symptoms to other causes and fail to get the medical treatment they need to recover.
Knowledge and identification are key to recovery from a traumatic brain injury. If you believe you have suffered an open or closed-head injury, watch out for the following symptoms:
- Dizziness or nausea
- Aphasia and difficulty conveying thoughts
- Slurred speech
- Partial paralysis
- Lack of focus, or excessive focus on a single or a few ideas
- Persistent fatigue or wakefulness
- Chronic headaches
- Inexplicable weakness
- Irregular mood changes
Should any of these symptoms arise, get an immediate evaluation for brain damage, and make a subsequent call to an experienced TBI attorney.
Compensation for Traumatic Brain Injury
It is hard to overstate how much of an impact a brain injury can have on your life. Of course, there are the severe cases in which victims are left comatose and require a lifetime of constant medical care. However, even so-called moderate brain injuries can have a detrimental effect on your happiness.
An experienced brain injury lawyer can help determine the types of damages you may be entitled to receive. These damages may include:
- Medical treatment and monitoring – From initial emergency care to continuing life-support services, the amount of care you receive can incur a huge expense.
- Pain and suffering – You may suffer both short and long-term physical and cognitive impairments that adversely affect your enjoyment of life.
- Lost wages and loss of earning capacity – Depending on its severity, your traumatic brain injury can cause you to lose out on work wages while you’re recovering, or even take away your capacity to work indefinitely.
- Lifestyle changes – A serious brain injury can impair your ability to engage in normal activities that added to your quality of life prior to your injury.
- Future damages – Brain damage is unpredictable in its longevity and effects, and new complications, such as depression and Alzheimer’s disease, may arise many years down the line.
- Life-care – You may need an assistant to help with your home care and other daily needs, such as cleaning, cooking, and driving.
- Punitive damages – If the at-fault party acted with recklessness, malice, or intent, then you can pursue these additional damages.
Getting professional legal representation is tantamount to the success of your claim. Despite what the insurance adjuster may say, they are not on your side. Do not under any circumstances accept their initial settlement offer without consulting with an attorney first. Most likely, their offer won’t encompass all current damages, much less future damages that require rigorous investigation to discover and prove. To ensure that you get maximum compensation, have your attorney handle all communications with the insurance company on your behalf.
Top Brain Injury Law Firm in California
When it comes to personal injury cases, brain injury cases are among the most challenging. To increase your chance of an optimal case outcome, you must select an attorney with exceptional resources, including a network of medical experts, investigators, and other professionals who can help you prove the full extent of your damages.
While choosing a brain injury lawyer should be done with care, it is just as important to move forward with your case as soon as possible. Time is of the essence, as evidence needs to be secured promptly and the underlying facts need to be investigated without delay. If you let too much time pass without acting, your claim may be severely weakened. Fail to meet the statute of limitations and you will lose your right to file a claim altogether.
Take the first necessary step to protect your rights by calling (888) 778-8888. Our award-winning brain injury attorneys provide free consultations and never charge upfront fees. You only have everything to gain when you seek our help.